INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 4TH CARLIGH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Ghana (CARLIGH) is pleased to announce and open registration for the 4th CARLIGH International Conference.
The CARLIGH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE is a premier forum for Information Professionals, Researchers, Academics, Publishers, Book Vendors etc. to present their latest research outputs, ideas, and developments, and to share activities and initiatives to enhance learning, teaching and research approaches. In addition, a pre-conference workshop and an exhibition of information resources and other technologies by vendors are organized alongside. The International Conference also offers opportunities for both formal and informal networking and intellectual discourse among participants to promote discussions and sharing of knowledge, experiences and expertise on developments in learning, teaching and research as well as on global best practices.
“Enhancing Information Access through Artificial Intelligence (AI)”
- Advancing smart avenues (media) for information service provision
- Curriculum requirements to meet skill-sets to providing relevant information science education
- Trends and issues in higher education delivery in the era of the 4th industrial revolution
- Exploring new skill-sets expected of the information provider and the user
- Innovation strategies for the era
CONFERENCE VENUE AND DATES
Venue: GIMPA Executive Conference Centre (GECC), Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, Achimota – Accra, Ghana
Date: Monday 6th May to Friday 10th May, 2024.
Pre-Conference Workshop: Monday, 13th July to Tuesday, 14th July, 2020
Conference: Wednesday, 15th July to Friday, 17th July, 2020
This 4th conference will bring together representatives of a wide range of professionals, including: Information Specialists (e.g. Librarians, Archivists, and Journalists etc.), IT professionals, Academics, Researchers, Administrators, and Industrialists from higher research and educational institutions as well as related organizations from around the world in a dynamic and interactive forum.
- Dr. Nana Darkwa: Former President of Ghana Technology University College, Tesano – Accra, Ghana
- Prof. Kankam Boadu [UCC]: Vice Dean, School of Graduate Studies, University of Cape Coast
Topic: Curriculum requirements to meet skill-sets to providing relevant information science education
- Prof. Mary Sheela Lourdusamy: Dean, Faculty of Engineering Science & Computing, Pentecost University College, Ghana, Sowutuom – Accra
Topic: Advancing smart avenues (media) for information service provision
- Dr. Ferdinand Apietu Katsriku: Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, University of Ghana
Topic: Innovation strategies for the era
- Dr. Peter Tobin: Former Director, Information Management Services (IMS), GIMPA
Topic: Trends and issues in higher education delivery in the era of the 4th industrial revolution
- Prof. Perpetua S. Dadzie: University Librarian, Balme Library, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra
Topic: Exploring new skill-sets expected of the information provider and the user
- Invitation Letter/Visa Processing Assistance
- Pre-Conference Training workshop
- Breakfast for those who will Lodge in the Designated Hotel
- Tea/Coffee Breaks
- Conference Buffet Lunch
- Conference Souvenirs (bag, flash drive, pen and notepad, etc.)
SPECIAL CONFERENCE BENEFITS
- Great networking opportunities
- Be a member of a growing professional community
- Publication of paper presented as Conference proceedings
- Availability of Conference Proceedings in softcopy (online and electronically on a flash drive)
- Affordable comfortable accommodation
Executive Rooms GHc250.00/day or $50.00/day
Regular Rooms GHc150.00/day or $30/day
Interested participants should visit the conference portal on the CARLIGH Website (https:www.carligh.org) or click on this link https://forms.gle/hEbv1N9utcHgCav86 to complete the online registration forms and follow up with payment of the appropriate fee/s.
Exhibition and Advertisement
§ Locals: GHc600.00
§ International: US$ 480.00
Workshop and Conference Registration Fees
CARLIGH Members GHc900.00
Non-CARLIGH Members GHc1000.00
International Participants $300.00
Non-Presenter Students GHc500.00
Workshop Only GHc450.00
Early Bird package for institutions that present more than three participants is 10% less of the original cost and for individuals, 5% less of the original cost. To qualify for the discount a commitment fee of GHc100 should have been paid by Monday, 27th April, 2020. The commitment fee forms part of the overall amount to be paid.
Payment should be made into the following accounts according to the respective categorizations (Local or International)
Local Students GHc350.00
International Presenters $240.00
International Student Presenters $170.00
Account Name: CARLIGH
Bank: GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK
Branch: LEGON BRANCH
Account No.: 1031130009358
Account Name: CARLIGH
Bank: Stanbic Bank Ghana
Branch: Main Branch, Castle Road, Accra
Account No.: 9040003788118
SWIFT CODE: SBICGHAC
IMPORTANT DEADLINES TO NOTE
- Submission of Full Papers or Posters: Fridat, 29th September, 2023.
- Notification of Acceptance & Rejections: Monday, 16th October, 2023.
- Submission of Full Papers of Posters: Friday, 29th March, 2024.
- Submission of Slides for Presentation of Papers: Tuesday, 30th April, 2024